Motorcycle accidents can be frightening and life-altering events, often resulting in physical, emotional and financial repercussions. Here’s what to expect after your accident:
- Medical evaluation:Even if you feel relatively fine, you should seek immediate medical treatment. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent due to the adrenaline rush following an accident. Receiving prompt medical attention not only ensures your well-being but also creates a documented record of your injuries. Follow all medical advice to ensure the best possible recovery outcome.
- Document the accident:Collect and preserve all relevant information and documentation. This includes photographs of the accident scene, your motorcycle and your injuries. Take notes about the accident, including weather conditions, road conditions and the events leading up to the crash. Additionally, gather contact information for witnesses, as their statements may be valuable in substantiating your claims.
- Call an attorney:If another party was at fault for the accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. Consult with a personal injury attorney who specializes in motorcycle accidents. They can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the claims process.
- Insurance claims:Whether you were at fault or not, contact your insurance company to report the accident. You will likely be contacted by an insurance adjuster who will assess your claim. Consult with your attorney before providing any statements or accepting settlements.
- The legal process:If you decide to pursue a personal injury claim, be prepared for the legal process. While most cases settle out of court, it’s possible you may go to trial. Your attorney will be your advocate throughout this process, working to secure the compensation you deserve.
Call the qualified Sarasota, FL motorcycle accident lawyers at Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh for help with your accident claim.