Personal Injury and Auto Accident Attorneys Serving Florida
  • RSS Feed
  • Facebook
  • Linked In
  • Twitter
Sarasota, Florida 941-954-1234
Default Banner

Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer

The lawyers of Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh have more than 100 years of combined Florida legal experience in personal injury, wrongful death and negligence cases. David Goldman, and Michael Babboni have each represented accident victims throughout Florida for over twenty …

Learn More ›

Personal Injury Blog Post

How to Get a Police Report Amended After an Accident

One of the most important documents related to your car accident is the police report, which is typically prepared by an officer who responds to the scene. Although the document is not admissible as evidence in court, it still contains a lot of important factual information that can help you and your attorney as you prepare to file a claim.

The police report contains information such as the vehicles involved, passengers, how the accident happened and statements from witnesses and people involved in the collision. There may also be notes from the officer regarding any traffic violations or potentially at-fault parties.

If any of the information in the report is either incorrect or incomplete, you could ask for it to be amended, depending on the type of information you wish to change. There are two categories of disputes common when it comes to police reports:

  • Errors of fact: If any information is objectively incorrect, you should not have a problem getting it changed. Examples could include incorrect phone numbers or names, mistakes related to the make or model of vehicles or anything else that could be corrected by providing documented proof of the right information.
  • Disputed fact: Disputed facts are any points in the reports with which you do not agree. There is not the same element of objectivity in these situations. For example, you might disagree with the account of the crash as described by a witness in the police report. You cannot have an officer amend or remove that witness’s account. However, you can provide your own account of the accident and ask that it be added.

For more guidance on your legal rights and how you can obtain a copy of a police report after your accident, contact a skilled Bradenton personal injury attorney with Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


In order to help you more quickly, please fill out the quick form and submit.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Contact Form
Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh
2822 University Parkway
Sarasota, Florida, 34243 USA