Personal Injury and Auto Accident Attorneys Serving Florida
  • RSS Feed
  • Facebook
  • Linked In
  • Twitter
Sarasota, Florida 941-954-1234
Default Banner

Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer

The lawyers of Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh have more than 100 years of combined Florida legal experience in personal injury, wrongful death and negligence cases. David Goldman, and Michael Babboni have each represented accident victims throughout Florida for over twenty …

Learn More ›

Personal Injury Blog Post

Compensation for Police Officers Injured in Auto Accidents

A St. Petersburg police officer was injured after the police car he was driving collided with a telephone pole. The accident occurred late at night, while investigating an auto theft and an aggravated assault on another officer. While pursuing the attacker, the officer swerved after another car pulled out of a driveway into his path. The collision caused the telephone pole to split in two, while the patrol car flipped over, trapping him in the vehicle.

When you serve your state and your fellow citizens as a police officer, you sometimes have to put your physical wellbeing at risk in the line of duty. Heroic acts of bravery by police officers make great headlines, but injuries suffered due to auto accidents rarely do. Nonetheless, if you are injured in this way, you need to get the necessary support to get back to operational readiness. When police officers in Sarasota and Manatee Counties get hurt in car accidents, they often turn to Attorney Bernie Walsh for assistance.

How can I get compensated?

The source of any compensation you can claim may depend on the nature of the accident. There are three main sources of compensation when injured in a car accident while on duty:

  • Workers compensation. Florida law requires the municipality, state or department that employs you to provide insurance in case you are injured in the course of your employment. This could include injuries you sustain in a car accident.
  • Motor insurance. Alternatively, if you own a car, you may be able to claim from your mandatory personal injury protection coverage.
  • Civil lawsuit. If your injuries were caused by the actions of a third party, you can sue the third party for their negligence or wrongful act. In this way, you can claim far more substantial compensation than may be available under workers compensation. Filing a lawsuit does not stop you also claiming workers compensation, but if you are successful in your claim against the third party, the amount you received in workers compensation benefits is reimbursed to your employer or its insurance provider.

Make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Get in touch with a respected Bradenton police auto accident injury attorney.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


In order to help you more quickly, please fill out the quick form and submit.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Contact Form
Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh
2822 University Parkway
Sarasota, Florida, 34243 USA