Are you in the market for a new auto insurance policy? The following are a few tips to help you make sure you get a policy that covers all your needs:
- Check rates: Make sure you compare the types of rates you can get from a variety of different providers before you choose your policy. You want to make sure you’re getting the best deal for the coverage you need. You can get quotes for free from pretty much any insurance company. You might need to wait a bit for personalized quotes, but it’s worthwhile if it can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Choose the right deductible: A higher deductible may reduce your premium, but it will result in you needing to pay more out of pocket if you get into an accident. If you have a good driving record, you might decide the higher deductible is worth the risk, as it could save you some money on monthly payments.
- Choose the right vehicle: Some vehicles are simply more expensive to insure than others. If you’re worried about insurance costs, you should do some research into which types of vehicles can help you cut down on your premiums.
- Report reduced mileage: If you work from home or become unemployed or simply no longer have a reason to drive as much as you used to, you might qualify for a lower premium, so make sure you report this on your application or quote request.
- Go with top-rated insurers: These insurers are top-rated for a reason. You can’t go wrong choosing an insurer that has outstanding customer reviews. Spend some time online doing some research about each potential company you’re looking at and figure out their strengths and weaknesses to help you get a more accurate comparison.
- Know your coverage needs: Review your current policy’s coverage, and check to see what your levels of liability coverage for property damage and bodily injury are. Costs and risk increase over time, so it’s worth reviewing your coverage and seeing if you need to update or upgrade anything.
For more information and guidance after a car accident, contact an experienced Florida personal injury attorney at Goldman Babboni Fernandez & Walsh.