If you’re like many people, you may be looking for some ways to save some money on your monthly car insurance premiums. Here’s some advice that may be of use to you:
- Only get as much coverage as you need: Spend some time thinking about exactly what coverages you do and don’t need. Although it’s certainly important to cover yourself, there is such a thing as being over-insured. You can save a lot of money on your premiums by only buying the coverages you actually need.
- Boost your deductibles: There is some element of risk associated with raising deductibles, as you’ll still be required to pay the deductible if you get into an accident and wish to make a claim. However, raising your deductible can help you earn some big-time savings on your premiums, if you’re willing to take that risk.
- Maintain a clean driving record: There are plenty of other reasons why you’re going to want to keep a clean driving record, but it’s also important to know that any traffic violations or accidents will result in boosts in your premium costs.
- Avoid coverage gaps: The industry will hold any gaps in coverage against you when setting your rates.
- Store your car in a garage: It’s more expensive to insure vehicles that are parked primarily outside, as they are more likely to be damaged, stolen or vandalized.
- Limit your driving: People who do not log many miles each year are not as expensive to insure.
- Don’t buy expensive vehicles: Expensive and fashionable cars are much more expensive to insure than cars that are cheaper and less flashy.
These are just a few examples of some of the steps you can employ to lower your monthly car insurance costs. For more tips, contact a trusted Bradenton auto accident attorney with Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, Murphy & Walsh.